Hummingbird Scientific is adding a Mechanical Engineer to grow our team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers and physicists to help innovate designs for electron, X-ray, and ion microscopy instruments. We are looking for an experienced individual that is curious about how things work and is passionate about engineering.
The mechanical engineer’s primary role is to work on systems design of our gas handling instruments from start to finish. The position requires a committed individual who takes ownership of projects and timeline with strong attention to detail and a structured work style.
- Systems design experience on electro-mechanical and gas products
- Solid understanding of pressurized gas system components
- 2D/3D CAD proficiency – Solidworks or equivalent
- Software development background – data acquisition and software control
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering or relevant field, MS or PhD is a plus
- Minimum of 5 relevant system design experience, 10 yrs. preferred
- Semiconductor industry background with high purity gas systems preferred
- Background in gas catalysis
- Experience with gas pressure analysis and test equipment
- Previous experience working with customers or development partners
- Aptitude to perform hands-on electrical & mechanical assembly
- LabVIEW software experience preferred
Compensation: Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA
Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/