Hummingbird Scientific’s in-situ TEM MEMS Biasing/Heating Sample Holder allows users to heat and/or electrically bias their sample inside the TEM. Heating can be performed to > 1000°C in closed loop control with an on-chip sensor.
The system features:
- Direct chip contact insertion mechanism—no fragile probes that make inconsistent contact involved, so easy to use.
- Standard MEMS chip biasing/heating with 9 contacts
- Single and double tilt configurations
- 4-point temperature sensing method
- Shielded electrical cables for low current measurements
- Integrated heating and voltage source meter controller
- Intuitive graphical user interface for system control
- EDS compatible over the full temperature range
The system is available as a single-tilt and double-tilt version. The double-tilt holder features a high-accuracy (<0.01 degree) beta-tilt mechanism and no tilt-backlash when changing tilt direction, making it the most stable and usable double-tilt holder available.