As Hummingbird Scientific continues to expand its business, we are increasing the scope of our engineering capabilities. As such, we are looking to grow our team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers and physicists to help innovate processes and designs for a wide range of precision instruments for in-situ electron, x-ray microscopy, and accessories for cryo-electron microscopy.
- Precision Engineering background (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision_engineering)
- Controls systems experience, device software drivers, sensors, closed-loop feedback, and error compensation.
- 2D/3D CAD expertise – Solidworks or equivalent.
- Practical implementation of device-level electronics, hands-on soldering, and assembly of electrical systems.
- Excellent manual dexterity and visual coordination, with experience assembling small components.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience collaborating with fabricators to develop product prototypes.
- BS in Physics, MS, or Ph.D. degrees are a plus.
- Experience with CNC machining and 3D printers is a plus.
- Interest in microscopy and materials science is a plus.
Excellent references from previous direct supervisors are a must.
Compensation: DOE. Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/
Interested? Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
Resumes missing cover letters will not be reviewed.