Hummingbird Scientific is adding a new precision engineer to grow our team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers and physicists to help innovate designs for electron, X-ray, and ion microscopy instruments. We are looking for an experienced individual that is curious about how things work and is passionate about engineering.
The precision engineer’s primary role is to work on the design of high precision electromechanical systems from start to finish. The position requires a committed individual who takes ownership of projects and timeline with strong attention to detail and a structured work style.
- Precision Engineering background
- Experience designing precision positioning stages and flexures
- Hands-on aptitude to assemble high value precision components
- 2D/3D CAD expertise – Solidworks or equivalent
- Mechatronics software development background (C#, C++, Python, or LabView)
- Design experience with closed-loop feedback, sensors, and actuators (control systems)
- Ability to test & troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems
Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering with focus on precision engineering
- BS degree with relevant industry experience considered in lieu of advanced degree
- Previous industry experience in precision mechanical design preferred
- Mechanical analysis experience (Thermal FEA, static/dynamic FEA).
- Ability to create test and assembly documentation
Compensation: Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA
Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/
To see what exciting projects Hummingbird Scientific has recently been involved in, check out and follow our LinkedIn feed