As Hummingbird Scientific continues to expand its business, we are increasing the scope of our engineering capabilities. As such, we are looking to build a team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers and physicists to help find innovative processes and designs for a wide range of new products for in-situ electron, x-ray microscopy, and accessories for CryoEM.
- Proven track record in the design of mechanical systems.
- 2D/3D CAD expertise – (Solidworks/CATIA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of electronics, electronics design, testing, and hands-on electrical systems implementation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering. MS or Ph.D. degrees are a plus.
- 2+ years of software programming experience in LabView or equivalent.
- Experience collaborating with fabricators to getting your product prototypes built and tested.
- 3+ years of industry experience in product development preferred
- Experience with CNC machining or 3D printers is a plus
- Hands-on electrical prototype assembly is a plus
- Interest in materials science and microscopy
Excellent references from previous direct supervisors are a must.
Compensation: DOE. Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/
Interested? Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
Resumes missing cover letters will not be reviewed.