As Hummingbird Scientific continues to expand its business, we are increasing the scope of our engineering capabilities. As such, we are looking to build a team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers, and physicists to help find innovative processes and designs for a wide range of new products for in-situ electron, x-ray microscopy, and accessories for CryoEM.
Are you an engineer who likes to do more than sit behind your desk all day? Do you build the things you design and like to guide your ideas from concept to working products? Then this is the right job for you. Hummingbird scientific is a small company with a culture of creativity, innovation, and science, where you will have the advantage of working closely with scientists, senior-level engineers, and instrument makers in our in-house manufacturing facility to bring new ideas and designs to life.
- Proven track record in the design of mechanical systems.
- 2D/3D CAD expertise – (Solidworks/CATIA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of electronics, electronics design, testing, and hands-on electrical systems implementation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering. MS or Ph.D. degrees are a plus.
- 2+ years of software programming experience in LabView or equivalent.
- Experience collaborating with fabricators to getting your product prototypes built and tested.
- 3+ years of industry experience in product development preferred
- Experience with CNC machining or 3D printers is a plus
- Interest in materials science and microscopy
Excellent references from previous direct supervisors are a must.
Compensation: DOE. Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA.
Click HERE for a list of things to do in Olympia.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/
Interested? Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
if this job is still posted, we are still looking for (additional) candidates
Resumes missing cover letters will not be reviewed.