Website Hummingbird Scientific
Hummingbird Scientific is adding a new mechanical engineer to grow our team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers and physicists to help innovate designs for a wide range of precision instruments. We are looking for an experienced individual that is curious about how things work and is passionate about engineering.
The mechanical engineer’s primary role is to work on the design of custom holders from start to finish. The position requires a highly organized individual with strong attention to detail and a structured work style.
- Proven track record in mechanical design
- 2D/3D CAD expertise – SolidWorks or equivalent
- Strong understanding of mechanical design principles (strength of materials, statics)
- Proficiency with mechanical drawings and GD&T
- Committed individual who takes ownership of projects and timeline
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field, MS or PhD is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in Mechanical Design
- Background in mechatronics or precision engineering is a plus
- Capability to create assembly and test documentation
- Aptitude to perform hands-on electrical & mechanical assembly
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with mechanical analysis (FEA, stress analysis) preferred
Compensation: Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA
Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/