Website Hummingbird Scientific
As Hummingbird Scientific continues to expand its business, we are increasing the scope of our engineering capabilities. As such, we are looking to grow our team of mechanical, mechatronics engineers and physicists to help find innovative processes and designs for a wide range of new products for in-situ electron, x-ray microscopy, and accessories for CryoEM.
Are you an engineer who likes to do more than sit behind your desk all day? Do you build the things you design and like to guide your ideas from concept to working products? Then this is the right job for you. Our engineers work directly with the instrument makers in our in-house manufacturing facility to bring their designs to life.
- Proven track record in the design of mechanical systems.
- 2D/3D CAD expertise – (Solidworks/CATIA or equivalent)
- Experienced working with mechanical drawings using GD&T
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering. MS or Ph.D. degrees are a plus
- 3+ years of industry experience in product development is a must
- Experience collaborating with fabricators to getting your product prototypes built and tested
- Experience with CNC machining or 3D printers is a plus
- MS thesis project that includes designing and building a complete system.
- Interest in materials science and microscopy
Excellent references from previous direct supervisors are a must.
Compensation: DOE. Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA.
Click HERE for a list of things to do in Olympia.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/
Interested? Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
if this job is still posted, we are still looking for (additional) candidates
Resumes missing cover letters will not be reviewed.