Hummingbird Scientific is seeking a Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineer for instrumentation design and integration. The ideal candidate has several years of professional experience in industry and an advanced degree in the integration of software, circuit design, controls, and mechanical design. As an engineer at Hummingbird Scientific, you would collaborate directly with machinists and assembly technicians to bring new unique designs to life. We value people who are positive, organized, multi-dimensional, and self-directing.
Background and desired skills include:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Controls or Applied Physics and 2+ year of industry experience OR a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Controls or Applied Physics with a thesis-size independent project.
- LabView experience (a few years of professional level experience)
- Experience with some of the following C++, C#, Python, Arduino, RasberryPi
- Precision mechanical design
- 3-D CAD (Solidworks, Pro E etc.)
- Hand on experience with electronics and electrical systems – wiring, soldering, simple board design
- Demonstrated assembly level design preference on complex assemblies
- Strong first principal problem-solving skills – you should be excellent in math and physics
- Willingness to accurately document projects and designs
- An interest in AI and DL for select projects would be a plus
Apply below with your resume, cover letter, salary history and salary requirements.
Compensation: Hummingbird Scientific offers a competitive compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: http://hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/
Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA. Qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States only.
Please note: a cover letters describing your experience relative to this job is required
About Hummingbird Scientific
Hummingbird Scientific builds products for electron and ion microscopy with an emphasis on transmission electron microscopes (TEM). In close collaboration with our customers, we design and manufacture all aspects of these complex systems from mechanical, electrical, and software design to fabrication and assembly. We aim to provide pioneering solutions for applications in nanotechnology, materials science, and biology.
Our facility in Lacey, WA includes our engineering workspaces dedicated to advanced 3-D mechanical/mechatronics design, our precision manufacturing shop, part inspection area, system assembly lab and scientific electron microscopy lab.
As all of these facilities are placed under one roof, engineers can effectively work together with machinists, assembly technicians and scientists to develop our in-situ microscopy tools. Engineers are in charge of all aspects of the product development cycle, where there is typically one lead Engineer working with help of other engineers to holistically design new system.