Hummingbird Scientific is seeking a mechatronics engineer with professional experience in controls and software to expand our design team. The precision microscopy devices we create and manufacture are used by world-class academic institutions, national laboratories, government agencies, and private industry around the world.
As an engineer you would collaborate directly with machinists and assembly technicians to bring precision designs to life. At Hummingbird Scientific, engineers design systems and are responsible for the project’s scheduling, budget, and the coordination of tasks. In short, we employ working engineers.
We value people who are positive, organized, multi-dimensional, and self-directing. People that apply for this position must understand and appreciate project management, take responsibility for every facet of their work, and be able work a design from start to finish.
- Control software development experience
- Professional level LabView experience in developing full software packages
Principal background and skills include:
- Ability to work from, and solve problems with, first principles
- Project management experience, more than one at a time
- 3-4 years of experience in precision mechatronics/mechanical engineering experience
- Proven product design skills
- Strong 3-D CAD skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with fabricators (machinists, assemblers, etc.) to have the parts you have designed manufactured
You must have excellent references who can speak to your skills, work ethics, and character.
Compensation: Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and demonstrated capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: www.hummingbirdscientific.com/engineering/#engineering/
Location: This job is located in Lacey, WA.
Interested? Apply below with your resume, cover letter, salary history and salary requirements.
Please note: resumes missing cover letters will not be reviewed.