Hummingbird Scientific is adding a new Applications Scientist to support customers with their in-situ microscopy research from the first discussions about suitable hardware, product training, to performing in-situ microscopy experiments. Another crucial role for this Applications Scientist is to lead our technical marketing efforts by generating scientific content and presenting it to the microscopy community.
We just installed our second TEM in Hummingbird Scientific’s TEM lab and have several new product development projects ongoing, so there will be many opportunities to test and work with our new in-situ microscope products and take the lead in interesting research collaborations.
We are looking for candidates with a curious mind and a hands-on attitude towards science and microcopy. This position requires one to wear different hats, so multitasking and being a strong planner is important.
- Ability to write, professionally visualize, and present technical and scientific content
- Comfortable at supporting and dealing with customers and collaborators in different countries
- Experience with TEM, SEM or X-ray microscopy
Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in Science or Engineering with a focus on Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Industry experience in an applications/sales/marketing job is a plus
- Broad background in materials science, chemistry, or solid-state physics
- Experience with in-situ TEM
- Involvement developing hardware or experimental setups for electron/x-ray microscopy
- Strong skills in using EDS/EELS to characterize materials
Compensation: Hummingbird Scientific offers a generous compensation package based on experience and proven capabilities. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental benefits, as well as a company 401(k) plan.
Job Location: This job location is Lacey, WA
Apply here with your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about Hummingbird Scientific at: https://hummingbirdscientific.com/temlab/