Hummingbird Scientific and Dune Sciences
Surface functionalization of membrane window chips can greatly enhance liquid- and gas-cell, as well as other in-situ TEM experiments. Recognizing this, Hummingbird Scientific and Dune Sciences have entered into an exclusive partnership, combining Hummingbird’s specialized liquid and gas cell and other in-situ microscopy holders and chips with Dune Sciences’ full range of surface functionalization products.
Dune Sciences Smart Grids™ Technology
Functionalized substrates enhance imaging and analysis in in-situ microscopy. Dune Sciences offers functionalized for nearly any material or assay.
- Simplifies sample preparation and improves dispersion/uniformity of coverage.
- Eliminates artifacts such as agglomeration from sample preparation
- Localizes samples on one membrane to improve image focus and resolution
- Isolates/tethers biomolecules and nanomaterials through bifunctional linkers or immunocapture
- Environmental transformations of nanomaterials
- Immobilization of biological structures on substrates
- Dynamic imaging of self-assembly processes
- On-grid assays
Surface chemistry options include:
- Silanization/chemical derivatization
- Positive or negative surface charges
- Custom hydrophobic/hydrophilic coatings
- Self-assembled monolayers
- Patterned surface chemistry
- Immunospecific chemistries for purifying/isolating target analytes
Contact Hummingbird Scientific directly for more information.