Hummingbird Scientific and Dune Sciences
Surface functionalization of membrane window chips can greatly enhance liquid- and gas-cell TEM experiments. Recognizing this, Hummingbird Scientific and Dune Sciences have entered into an exclusive partnership, combining Hummingbird’s specialized liquid and gas cell TEM holders and chips with Dune Sciences’ full range of surface functionalization products.
Dune Sciences Smart Grids™ Technology
Functionalized substrates enhance imaging and analysis in liquid and gas-cell TEM. Dune Sciences offers functionalized for nearly any material or assay.
- Simplifies sample preparation and improves dispersion/uniformity of coverage.
- Eliminates artifacts such as agglomeration from sample preparation
- Localizes samples on one membrane to improve image focus and resolution
- Isolates/tethers biomolecules and nanomaterials through bifunctional linkers or immunocapture
- Environmental transformations of nanomaterials
- Immobilization of biological structures on substrates
- Dynamic imaging of self-assembly processes
- On-grid assays
Surface chemistry options include:
- Silanization/chemical derivatization
- Positive or negative surface charges
- Custom hydrophobic/hydrophilic coatings
- Self-assembled monolayers
- Patterned surface chemistry
- Immunospecific chemistries for purifying/isolating target analytes
Contact Hummingbird Scientific directly for more information.