Hummingbird Scientific’s in-situ Gas cell holders can be used as biasing holders of samples in gas environments that also allow encapsulation and transfer of air-sensitive battery materials with an inert gas from the glovebox to the TEM. Thin film battery materials can be loaded in the gas holder in the glove box and moved to the TEM in fully protected environmental conditions. The inlet and outlet are capped airtight enabling sample transfer to the TEM without exposure in air. Electrical biasing experiments can be conducted in-situ in the TEM in this protective environment or other relevant environmental conditions can be created around the sample by flowing in the relevant gas.
The TEM image of the top left shows the atomic scale redox dynamics of Ag/AgCl heterostructures studied using in-situ TEM gas holder.
Reference: Yimin A. Wu, Liang Li, Zheng Li, Alper Kinaci, Maria K. Y. Chan, Yugang Sun, Jeffrey R. Guest, Ian McNulty, Tijana Rajh, and Yuzi Liu. “Visualizing Redox Dynamics of a Single Ag/AgCl Heterogeneous Nanocatalyst at Atomic Resolution,” ACS Nano (2016) pp. 3738-3746. Abstract
Image copyright © 2016 American Chemical Society
- Electrochemistry Suite of TEM/SEM/X-ray holders
- Site-Specific Nano-Probing and Biasing
- Electrochemistry Suite Biasing
- TEM Tomography
- TEM Sample Transfer and Biasing in Gas
- Cross-Correlative Microscopy
- Multi-Modal Liquid X-Ray Microscopy
- Selected Publications
- Electrochemistry Video Spotlight
- Bulk Electrochemistry in TEM
- Biologic Potentiostat
- Electrochemical characterization tool selector